- BA in Mathematics and Biology, plus teacher certification grades 7-12, from Malone College (1970) in Canton, Ohio.
- Masters of Divinity (M.Div), Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology, Brookline, MA (1977). Metropolitan Maximos for Dogmatic Theology professor.
- In preparation for her ministry in the Church, taught Jr High School mathematics and science, served as a Parish Church School Director for nine years and Church School Teacher of a Teen Class for eight years, directed and wrote Vacation Church School Programs and served as a Camp Counselor.
- September 1977–June 1980
Youth Director at Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church, Akron, OH
- Spring 1983
Edwin Shaw Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation Facility. Served as a Public School teacher to the teenagers going through the drug and alcohol program.
- September 1992–February 2008
Part-time, paid Director of Religious Education for the Metropolis of Pittsburgh
- January 2002–December 2004
Director of Religious Education at Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church, Akron, OH
- June 2006–July 2007
Staff of the Center for Family Care (Greek Orthodox Archdiocese). Main tasks–to oversee the "For the Orthodox Family" page in the ORTHODOX OBSERVER and to provide the resource material for the Center's website www.familyaschurch.org.
- March 2008
Director of the Office of Religious Education for the Metropolis of Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh is the first Metropolis to have a full-time paid Director in Religious Education
- Phyllis co-founded ORTHODOX FAMILY LIFE, a quarterly journal and "parish ministry to families."
- September 1995 - June 1999 Editor and writer.
- Articles have appeared in PRAXIS magazine, Little Falcons children's magazine, the Orthodox Observer (Greek Archdiocese), the Illuminator (Metropolis of Pittsburgh), the Hellenic Chronicle, THE SHEPHERD (St. Edward Monastic Brotherhood, Surrey, England), and reprinted in many parish bulletins.
- Chair and member of the Akron Metropolitan IOCC Committee for nine years.
- Former member of Holy Cross the Alumni Board.
- Many years in PTA.
- Metropolis of Pittsburgh Ten Year Service Recognition: On March 28, 2004 His Eminence, Metropolitan Maximos presented Phyllis with a Resolution from the Metropolitan Council for her ten years of faithful service.
(Click here to view)
- Phyllis was the first recipient of the IOCC Good Samaritan Award. September 30, 2001.
- Phyllis is the mother of two young adult daughters, Michelle and Maria, who have provided her with much experience in the areas of education and family life.